- Stamps: Gifts of the Earth, 2/$1 sentiment from Mike's
- Papers: Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Autumn Vines DSP (retired)
- Ink: Chocolate Chip
- Accessories: Big Shot, Nesties, Sponge, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon
Saturday, October 31, 2009
This week's challenge over at the Stampin' B's Design Team site was to make a Thanksgiving/Autumn card. I used last Monday's sketch from the Mojo Monday Blog. My main image panel is a bit too far to the left to show much of the gold panel, but I had an "oops" that I needed to cover up! LOL! Everything used here is from Stampin' Up! except for the Nestabilities. Thanks for stopping by!
Friday, October 30, 2009
I recently joined a Yahoo Group for Stampin' Up! Demos. They have challenges there, too. This week's challenge was to make a card using the colors from your favorite candy wrapper. I like 100 Grand candy bars from Nestle's. That's one of the candies we will be giving to the Trick-or-Treaters tomorrow night. That way, I can eat them! LOL! All products used to make this card are from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!
- Stamps: Bear Best Friends
- Papers: Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Yoyo Yellow, Whisper White
- Ink: Black Stazon, Chocolate Chip Marker
- Accessories: WCW Crayons, Aqua Painter, Mat Pack, Stylus, Flower Trio Punch, Chocolate Chip Wide Stitched Ribbon, Yellow Striped GG Ribbon
Our Twisted Sistahs Challenge for this week is to make a card in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. My friend is a survivor. I will send her this card which just says inside, "Glad you made it!" This is the front of the card.
This is the back of the card. When she first started Chemo, I sent her two cards, about a week or so apart. The first one was the bottom part of the bikini, and it said inside, "I'm behind you 100%!" Then, I sent the bikini top which compared a friend to a good bra. It said things like, "Never leaves you hanging!", and "Supportive!" It was a fun card and she got a big kick out of it! Thanks for stopping by today!
- Papers: Blush Blossom, MME DP
- Ink: Blush Blossom (sponging)
- Accessories: Sponge, Snips, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Pink Satin Ribbon
Thursday, October 29, 2009
- Stamps: Halloween Hoot
- Papers: Lavender Lace, Orchid Opulence, Whisper White, Only Orange, DCWV Fall Stack
- Ink: Lavender Lace
- Accessories: WCW Crayons, Aqua Painter, Sheer Orange Ribbon, Circle Punches, Scallop Circle Punch
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
This is for today's Sketch Challenge. There's three vertical panels of matted patterned paper, a horizontal panel of more matted patterned paper at the bottom, and a rectangular main image panel in the middle. After stamping the images, I cut them out and popped up the leaves and the yellow squash with Dimensionals. I stamped, "Just for you" in the bottom right. Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps: Autumn Harvest, Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Papers: Close To Cocoa, Melon Mambo, Very Vanilla, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, DCWV DP
- Ink: Soft Suede
- Accessories: Snips, Sponge, Dimensionals
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
This Color Challenge was to use Kraft, Basic Black and Melon Mambo. The base card here is Basic Black with a layer of Stampin' Up's! Specialty paper (retired). The flower was stamped on Very Vanilla with Black Stazon and colored with markers. I used a white gel pen for highlighting. The main image panel was matted on Melon Mambo which extends down long enough to create the border and add the ribbon. Everything here is from Stampin' Up except for the butterfly punch and the tiny pearl. Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps: Asian Artistry (Level 2 Hostess)
- Papers: Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Very Vanilla, Specialty DSP (retired)
- Ink: Black Stazon, Markers, White Gel Pen
- Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Basic Black GG Ribbon, MS Butterfly Punch, Tiny Half Pearl
Monday, October 26, 2009
The Clean & Simple Challenge was to use brads or eyelets. Eyelets are my least favorite embellishment, so I decided to use them for this challenge. I need to use some up! The eyelets are a retired item and so are the stamp set AND the Zig Painty. The boat was water colored, but I used a Real Red Marker for the trim. All products used on this card were from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps: Boatloads of Love (retired)
- Papers: Naturals White, Night of Navy, Whisper White
- Ink: Black Stazon, Zig Painty (retired), Real Red Marker
- Accessories: WCW Crayons, Aqua Painter, Real Red Striped GG Ribbon, Fresh Favorites Eyelets (retired), Cropodile, Word Window Punch, Snips
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Today's Featured Stamper is Rachelhope13. She has a great gallery with more than cards in it. She has many 3-D items, too. I chose this box for my inspiration. I used the scraps from making the box to make the embellishment on the top of the box and to make the little gift card. All products used to make the box and gift card are from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!
- Christmas Punch (Level 2 Hostess Set)
- Papers: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
- Ink: Bermuda Bay
- Accessories: 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Jumbo Snowflake Punch, Round Ice Rhinestone, 3" X 3" envelope, Bermuda Bay Ribbon
Saturday, October 24, 2009
The Stampin'B's Design Team Challenge was to make a diagonal double pocket card. There's a link to instructions on the Stampin' B's site. All products used to make this card are from Stampin' Up! Thanks for visiting my blog today!!
- Stamps: Gifts of the Earth (2009 Holiday Mini)
- Papers: Autumn Vines DSP (retired), Sage Shadow, Really Rust, Whisper White
- Ink: More Mustard, Black Stazon, Chocolate Chip
- Accessories: Big Shot, Scallop Circles #2 Die, Coluzzle Circles, Cropadile, Eyelets, Natural Hemp Twine, Tag Corner Punch
Our Twisted Sistahs Challenge this week was to use apples in our design and use red, brown and gold. The base card is Real Red and was scored for the Japanese Stab Binding. I found the patterned paper in a DCWV Fall Stack. I made the little chalk board using Basic Black and Creamy Caramel card stock. I used a Chocolate Chip Marker to make the wood grain and I mitered the corners. The "chalk" was done with a white gel pen. Everything is from Stampin' Up! except for the patterned paper and ribbon. Thanks again for stopping by!
- Stamps: Tart & Tangy (apple)
- Papers: Real Red, Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, Barely Banana
- Ink: Real Red, Chocolate Chip Marker, White Gel Pen
- Accessories: 3/16" Corner Rounder, 1/8" Punch, 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" Circle Punches, Scallop Circle Punch, Narrow Satin Ribbon
Well, my goodness! I got so busy with Stamp Camp preparations yesterday that I forgot to post my Limited Supplies Challenge card here! LOL! The challenge was to make a feminine card without using any patterned paper. The challenge was called, "Girlie Girls." I used pink, flowers, ribbons and pearls; that's girlie to me! Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps: God's Blessings
- Papers: Pretty In Pink, Whisper White, Certainly Celery
- Ink: Black Stazon
- Accessories: Big Shot, CB Stylized Flowers EF, Sheer Ribbon, Pretty In Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Flower Trio Punch, MS Leaf Punch, Mat Pack, Stylus, Dimensionals, Pearls
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Today's Ways To Use It Challenge, "Patched Up", was to use a quilt design in our projects. I actually purchased the pre-cut squares in several colors years ago for scrap booking. I got them on eBay. The lady who made them was pretty clever. She just got designer paper with a geometrical design, cut it up and sold it in packages on eBay. I added my usual embossed flowers to the center, larger square and a sentiment from Upsy Daisy. Everything is from Stampin' Up! except for the cut squares, leaf punch and rhinestones. Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps: Upsy Daisy
- Papers: Handsome Hunter, Whisper White, Pre-Cut DP
- Ink: Handsome Hunter
- Accessories: MS Leaf Punch, Flower Trio Punch, Mat Pack, Stylus, Sponge, Rhinestones
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
This is my second card for today's sketch challenge. It's very simple, really. All three matted panels have designer series paper including the main image panel. The images were stamped and then the punched leaves were added. I did a bit of sponging on the main panel and the leaves, and the main panel is popped up on Dimensionals. Thanks again for stopping by!
- Stamps: Autumn Days
- Papers: Sage Shadow, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Close To Cocoa, Autumn Vines DSP (retired)
- Ink: Soft Suede
- Accessories: Sponge, Dimensionals, MS Punch
This is for the Sketch Challenge. I think I'll do another one since I really don't like how this turned out. We all have those days I guess. Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps: To You and Yours
- Papers: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Taken With Teal, DCWV Christmas Stack DP
- Ink: VersaMak, Taken With Teal
- Accessories: Clear EP, Heat Tool, MS Snowflake Punch, Peel n' Stick Rhinestone
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
All of this month's Stamp Camp projects were challenge cards and all except #1 have been posted before. Project #1 is this week's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge. I used some pretty bright colors for a Christmas card, but it's fun.
- Stamps: Patterned Pines, To You and Yours
- Papers: Naturals White, Green Galore, Real Red, Whisper White, DCWV DP
- Ink: Real Red, Green Gallore, Gable Green
- Accessories: Big Shot, Sizzix Texturz Plate, 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" Circle Punches, Snips, Dimensional, Red Satin Ribbon, Mistletoe Ribbon
This is for the Color Challenge which was to use Bravo Burgundy, Cameo Coral, Very Vanilla, and Always Artichoke was an option. The base card is Bravo Burgundy with a layer of Cameo Coral and then a layer of Bella Rose Designer Series Paper (retired). I used the Coluzzle Cutting System to cut ovals out of scraps of Very Vanilla and Bravo Burgundy. I also used scraps to die cut the leaves out of Always Artichoke and punch the flowers out of Cameo Coral. The ribbon is Bravo Burgundy 1/4" grosgrain ribbon. The flower centers are Beads - Silver Glass Mix. All products used to make this card are from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!
- Stamps: Sincere Salutations
- Papers: Bravo Burgundy, Cameo Coral, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Bella Rose DSP (Retired)
- Ink: Bravo Burgundy
- Accessories: Big Shot, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Coluzzle Ovals, Flower Trio Punch, Mat Pack, Embossing Stylus, Beads - Silver Glass Mix, Bravo Burgundy GG Ribbon
Monday, October 19, 2009
Today's Clean and Simple Challenge was to make a sympathy card. I have one set that serves this purpose because I really don't like to make sympathy cards, but you just have to make them sooner or later. I scored the base card here; then, I colored the stamp with Celery and Amethyst markers and stamped. I stamped the sentiment with Almost Amethyst and matted the main image panel on Amethyst card stock. Finally, I added tiny half pearls in the flower centers. All products are from Stampin' Up! except for the pearls. Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers
- Papers: Naturals White, Almost Amethyst, Whisper White
- Ink: Almost Amethyst; Markers: Certainly Celery and Almost Amethyst
- Accessories: Stylus and Paper Trimmer for scoring, Peel n' Stick Mini Half Pearls
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Well, it's Sunday afternoon, and we're just staying inside where it's warm. It's going to rain. The dark clouds are here. We didn't even go to church this morning because neither of us (my son and I) felt very good. We straightened up my craft room though. I put away the scraps I've accumulated and punched flowers, leaves and butterflies out of some of the smaller pieces. I keep a jar of punched flowers, one with punched leaves, and another with punched butterflies. They come in handy when I want to make a quick card.
This is a close-up of my embossed flowers. I make those for many of my cards. They're so easy too! Friday's Limited Supplies Challenge got me thinking about the card fronts that I had purchased a few years ago and never use. This yellow one is textured with zig zag edges. All I did was emboss the "Hi there" with a Cuttlebug mini embossing folder. Then, I added the punched leaves and embossed flowers with tiny gold half pearls in the centers. Thanks again for stopping by!!
- Papers: Naturals White, Pre-cut Textured Card Front, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
- Accessories: Big Shot, CB Mini EF, Flower Trio Punch, MS Leaf Punch, Mat Pack, Stylus, Mini Gold Half Pearls
The Featured Stamper this week is DancerRiley. Riley has a great gallery. Here's the card I chose to CASE. I changed the colors, papers, ribbon, circle sizes, and used rhinestones instead of brads. All products are from Stampin' Up! except for the rhinestones. Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps: Flower Fancy, Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Papers: Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango, Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry, Autumn Vines DSP (retired)
- Ink: Chocolate Chip; Markers: Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Old Olive
- Accessories: Big Shot, Bigz Scalloped Circles #2 Die, Coluzzle Cutting System, 1", 1-1/4", and 1-3/8" Circle Punches, Dusty Durango Ribbon, Rhinestones
Saturday, October 17, 2009
The Twisted Sistahs' Challenge for this week was to make an all white card. I didn't even do any stamping on mine AND I didn't add any ribbon! That's not like me, but I thought the flowers and pearls were just enough. I love using the embosslits, and you know how I love to make those little embossed flowers! All products are from Stampin' Up! except for the Cuttlebug embossing folder, the leaf punch and the pearls. Thanks for stopping by!!
- Papers: Whisper White
- Accessories: Big Shot, CB Thanks EF, SU! Thanks Embosslit, MS Leaf Punch, SU! Flower Trio Punch, Mat Pack, Stylus, Pearls
The Inspiration Challenge was to go to the Xenia Taler site and find a tile that we liked for our inspiration. The photo at the right shows the tile that I chose. I like the fall colors.
I made my card a 4-1/4" square. The base card is More Mustard, the circle is Naturals Ivory, and the flowers are Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust and Ruby Red with yellow and brown rhinestone centers. The steams and dots were hand drawn. The paper and punches are from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!!
- Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Papers: More Mustard, Naturals Ivory, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust Ruby Red
- Ink: Close To Cocoa Marker
- Accessories: Big Shot, Nestie, Flower Trio Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Rhinestones
Friday, October 16, 2009
I made another card for the Limited Supplies Challenge. We were to add to a pre-printed card. I have no pre-printed cards, but I do have pre-printed card stock. This is from the DCWV Glitter Stack. I just added the sentiment and scrap book sticker butterfly. That's it! Thanks again for stopping by!
- Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Papers: DCWV Glitter Stack, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
- Ink: Black Stazon
- Accessories: Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Scrap Book Butterfly Sticker
For the Limited Supplies Challenge, we were to start out with a pre-printed card and add to it, limiting our embellishments and keeping it clean and simple. Well, I just couldn't find any pre-printed cards. I have card fronts in various colors that came with envelopes, but none of them are printed. In my search, I finally found some little 3" X 3" gift cards with envelopes. All I did was add some color with markers and add the "Just For You" sentiment. I think I might be inspired to do something with one of those card fronts now! Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Papers: Pre-Printed Gift Card
- Ink: SU! Markers and Black Stazon
- Accessories: Aqua Painter
Thursday, October 15, 2009
The Ways To Use It Challenge was called "Autumn Leaves" and we were to use leaves on our projects. The image has a string of leaves, there are two glass leaf pendants hanging from the raffia, the Designer Series Paper has leaves, and there are two punched leaves on the front as well as inside. The products used were from Stampin' Up! except for the leaf punch and the glass leaf pendants. Thanks for stopping by!!
- Stamps: Happy Fall Y'all (retired)
- Papers: Close To Cocoa, Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White, More Mustard, Autumn Meadows DSP
- Ink: Black Stazon
- Accessories: Plain and Colored Raffia, Glass Leaf Pendants, MS Maple Leaf Punch, WCW Crayons, Aqua Painter
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
This is for today's Sketch Challenge on SCS. The base card is Garden Green with a layer of DCWV Christmas Pack patterned paper. The next layer is green and was punched with a MS border punch. I added a narrow strip of the red behind the holes and Dazzling Diamonds in the holes. The next layer is Riding Hood Red and is embossed using the Large Dots Texturz Plate from the Backgrounds #1 set of plates from Stampin' Up!. The white squares were punched using the 1-1/4" Square Punch and then matted on Garden Green. I used the flower stamp from the Patterned Pines set which is a Level 1 Hostess Set available from the Holiday Mini Catalog. The 3-D flower was punched using the Spring Bouquet Punch from SU! which has been retired for some time now. I embossed and layered the flower and added a yellow rhinestone. Everything is from Stampin' Up! except the patterned paper, border punch an the rhinestone. Thanks for stopping by!!
- Stamps: Patterned Pines (Level 1 Hostess, Holiday Mini)
- Papers: Garden Green, Riding Hood Red, White CS from DSP package, DCWV Christmas Pack DP
- Ink: Markers: Garden Green, Ruby Red, Summer Sun
- Accessories: Big Shot, Backgrounds #1 Large Dots Texturz Plate, 1-1/4" Square Punch, Spring Bouquet Punch (retired), MS Border Punch, Dazzling Diamonds, Rhinestone
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
The Color Challenge was to use Chocolate Chip, Bermuda Bay and Apricot Appeal. I don't know why this photo came out so dark, but that happens sometimes. I will have to do something to prevent that in the future. The base card here is Chocolate Chip with a layer of Bermuda Bay that has been embossed with Sizzix Shining Stars Texturz Plate. The horizontal strip is Apricot Appeal and was punched with Martha Stewart's Stars Border Punch. I saved the stars that were punched out and scattered them around the main image panel. This stamp is one of the single stamps found in the back of the catalog. I finished this off with Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon and lined the inside with Apricot Appeal that was also punched with the border punch. Those stars were saved for the envelope. Everything here is from Stampin' Up! except for the punch and texturz plate. Thanks for stopping by!!
- Stamps: Dasher
- Papers: Chocolate Chip, Bermuda Bay, Apricot Appeal, White CS from DSP package
- Ink: Chocolate Chip
- Accessories: Big Shot, Sizzix Shining Stars Texturz Plate, MS Stars Border Punch, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon
Monday, October 12, 2009
The Clean & Simple Challenge was to use the "Thumping" technique. You ink up a stamp and then use a marker of a darker color to "thump" the edges of parts of the stamp. I inked up the stamp with Green Galore. Then, I used a Blender Pen to remove some ink from the flowers. I used Glorious Green on some of the stems and leaves to make them darker and Yoyo Yellow and Only Orange on the flowers. I also sponged the punched butterflies with Only Orange. All products are from Stampin' Up! except for the punch and rhinestones. Thanks for stopping by!!
- Stamps: Pretty Petals (Background Stamp)
- Papers: Naturals White, Garden Green, Whisper White, Yoyo Yellow
- Ink: Green Galore, Garden Green (sentiment), Only Orange (sponging); Markers: Glorious Green, Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow
- Accessories: MS Butterfly Punch, Amber Rhinestones
Sunday, October 11, 2009
This week's Featured Stamper is Glowbug (aka Chris). She has a wonderful gallery. I chose to CASE this card. I changed: 1) Size of card from square to A2, 2) Papers, 3) Ribbon and ribbon treatment, 4) Stamped flower instead of punched, and 5) No stitching on mine. Everything is from Stampin' Up! except for the Nesties. Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps: Flower Fancy (Leaves only)
- Papers: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red (retired), Handsome Hunter, Whisper White, Holiday Treasures DSP (retired)
- Ink: Riding Hood Red, Handsome Hunter
- Accessories: Big Shot, Scallop Circle Nesties, Snips, Pop-up Glue Dot, Ribbon (retired), Rhinestone
Saturday, October 10, 2009
There's a blog called "Clean & Simple Stamping" that has sketches they call "Fall to Layout". I subscribe to this blog because I love these FTL sketches. I haven't participated by doing many of these, but I think that should definitely change. I just love the simplicity and clean lines of this sketch. I think you will figure out what I did here just by reading the recipe. All products used to make this card are from Stampin' Up! Thanks for visiting!!
- Stamps: Bird on a Branch
- Papers: Garden Green, Whisper White, Flock Together DSP
- Ink: Garden Green
- Accessories: Snips
The Twisted Sistahs Challenge for this week was to make a card in a different shape than usual. I used Curved Rectangle Nestabilities to cut out the base card and main image panel. I embossed the white panel, sponged the flowers and added tiny red rhinestones to the flower centers. I stamped the sentiment from "Wellness Wishes" in black and added the gingham ribbon to the top. It was quick and easy! The products are all from Stampin' Up! except the Nesties and rhinestones. I may do one more card today; I'm making up for lost time!!
- Stamps: Wellness Wishes
- Papers: Basic Black, Whisper White
- Ink: Basic Black, Real Red
- Accessories: Big Shot, Nesties, Elegant Bouquet Impressions Folder, rhinestones, Red Gingham Ribbon
The challenge over at Stampin' B's is to make a gate fold card with a flower on it. I made mine a Christmas card and tried to make the flower look kind of like a poinsettia. I almost didn't add the flower but thought I'd better since it's part of the challenge.
I used Nestabilities to cut out the main image panel and mat. I used the Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls embossing folder on the two white panels. The main image is water colored.
I colored the stamp with the leaves and berries with SU! Markers and stamped it on the inside. I also stamped the sentiment from the set with Black Stazon. Thanks again for visiting today!
- Stamps: A Christmas Cardinal
- Papers: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
- Ink: Black Stazon, SU! Markers
- Accessories: Big Shot, Nesties, CB D'vine Swirls EF, Birds n' Blooms Sizzlits, Rhinestone, WCW Crayons, Aqua Painter, Pop-up Glue Dot, Mat Pack Stylus, Sponge
For the Inspiration Challenge, we were to go to TzaddiShop for inspiration. I found my inspiration in this necklace. It inspired me to make a tag for my Secret Sister gift which I will take to church tomorrow. I took this photo so you can see what's IN the bag. I know I'm always curious about those things!! The pumpkin is a Foaming Soap Dispenser that has Cinnamon Pumpkin scented soap in it. I made the little bag of candy corn and chocolates as a fun Halloween surprise.
Here's a close-up of the tag I was inspired to make. It's made of scraps. The shimmery ribbon was sent to me by a wonderful online friend, Pat Smethers. I tied the tag to the bag with hemp twine. Everything except the ribbon is from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!
- Stamps: Autumn Days, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
- Paper: Only Orange, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Soft Suede, Dusty Durango
- Accessories: Shimmery Ribbon, Tag Corner Punch, Horizontal Slot Punch
Friday, October 9, 2009
I couldn't post yesterday; I just got too busy with life. Today's Limited Supplies Challenge was to use no embellishments. We could use punches and dies, and of course, we could use stamps. I used the "Spooky House" Bigz die for the background, the Martha Stewart fence punch for the fence, and I stamped, cut out and popped up the pumpkins from the "Autumn Harvest" set. The bat was part of the die, and the moon was punched with the 1-1/4" circle punch. Thanks for stopping by!!
- Stamps: Autumn Harvest, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Grateful Greetings (inside)
- Papers: Lovely Lilac, Basic Black, Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore
- Ink: Basic Black
- Accessories: Big Shot, Bigz Die (Spooky House), 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Snips, Dimensionals, MS Fence Punch, 2-Way Glue Pen
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
This is for today's Sketch Challenge. I chose to make it a winter card. I love snowmen and snowflakes and love to use them on my holiday cards. This snowman was stamped, cut out and popped up with Dimensionals. One of the snowflakes was also popped up. The punched/embossed border was adhered to the ribbon, and I stamped the large snowflake from the set on the inside. Everything is from Stampin' Up! except for the punches. Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps: Two Cool Dudes
- Papers: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Delicate Dots DSP (2009 SAB)
- Ink: Bashful Blue
- Accessories: MS Punches, Snips, Dimensionals, Bashful Blue Wide Stitched GG Ribbon
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Look at me posting two days in a row! LOL! Today's Color Challenge was to use Mellow Moss, Whisper White and Kraft. I stamped the image with Whisper White Craft Ink on Mellow Moss and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. Then, I highlighted with a white gel pen. I used retired Specialty DSP on Kraft and matted the main image panel on Whisper White. I punched the fence out of Whisper White as well. I added three tiny half pearls to the main image panel and Mellow Moss Gingham Ribbon (retired) was adhered to the DSP. Everything is from Stampin' Up! except for the fence punch and the pearls. Thanks for stopping by!!
- Stamps: Morning Soft
- Papers: Kraft, Striped Specialty DSP (retired), Mellow Moss, Whisper White
- Ink: Whisper White Craft, White Gel Pen
- Accessories: MS Fence Punch, Tiny Peel 'n Stick Half Pearls, Mellow Moss Gingham Ribbon
Monday, October 5, 2009
The Twisted Sistahs' Challenge for last Friday was called "Food Fight." We had to have food on our cards. Well, Rocky Raccoon here brought BEANS to the food fight. He says it's OK cuz he washed them! LOL! I used today's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge for the layout. I like this color combo of Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow and Whisper White. The patterned paper is the retired Autumn Vines. Everything here is from Stampin' Up! except for the Nestabilities and the small leaf punch. Thanks for stopping by!!
- Stamps: Under The Stars
- Papers: Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, Whisper White, Really Rust, Autumn Vines DSP (retired)
- Ink: Chocolate Chip and SU! Markers
- Accessories: Big Shot, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Nesties, MS Leaf Punch, Wide Stitched Chocolate Chip Ribbon, 1/4" Sage Shadow GG Ribbon, Brads, SU! Texturz Plate
The Clean & Simple Challenge for today was an inspiration challenge. We were to go to the Cost Plus World Market site and choose a pillow for our inspiration. I chose this pillow for mine. This card was so simple and didn't take much time at all. I just embossed the Crushed Curry panel, sponged with Soft Suede, stamped the sentiment, and adhered the panel to the base card. I had plenty of time to line the inside with white and stamp with the flowers from the Upsy Daisy set. All products used here are from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!
- Stamps: Upsy Daisy
- Papers: Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Whisper White (inside)
- Ink: Soft Suede
- Accessories: Big Shot, Elegant Bouquet EF, Sponge
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Lois (aka Clownmom) is our Featured Stamper this week. I found two cards in her gallery that I wanted to CASE, so I got my inspiration from both of them. The first one was her Thanksgiving Pumpkin card. I was going to do that StampinB's Challenge but never found the time. The other card that gave me inspiration was her Irish Abundance card. I thought the layout and colors were perfect for the pumpkin card I wanted to make. I only changed the stamp set, papers and ribbon. I got this ribbon from my friend and Twisted Sistah, PatSmethers. It almost looks neon in this photo. I stamped the image with Timber Brown Stazon and only colored the pumpkin to make it stand out. The ribbon and Nestabilities are the only non-SU! items here. Thanks for stopping by!!
- Stamps: Gifts of the Earth (Holiday Mini)
- Papers: Garden Green, Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie Patterns DSP
- Ink: Timber Brown Stazon, Basic Brown, Pumpkin Pie Marker
- Accessories: Big Shot, Nesties, Sheer Orange Ribbon, WCW Crayons, Aqua Painter
I didn't post on Saturday because of my son's soccer game (They won!!), Christmas shopping and gift wrapping. I bought presents for all ten of my grandchildren! Phew!! Thanks to the $10 toys at WalMart and the fact that I set aside some money just for this purpose. My son and I worked on wrapping them, too. I wrapped while he made tags using the new Merry Embosslit available in the Holiday Mini. We got 7 of them wrapped and hidden in my closet until time to ship or put under the tree. We also rented a couple of movies, so we spent some time together, just the two of us. I will be posting my Featured Stamper card today though. Thanks for visiting!!
Friday, October 2, 2009
Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree! That's the name of the Limited Supplies Challenge this week. We were to use a tree on our projects. On the front of the card, I used cut-out Patterned Pines trees on top of an embossed layer.
On the inside, I used the new "O Christmas Tree" XL Die available from Stampin' Up!'s Holiday Mini. I added rhinestones for the tree decorations. It looks like one fell of when I was taking the photos. That's easy enough to fix!! Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps: Patterned Pines (Level 1 Hostess - Holiday Mini), Sincere Salutations
- Papers: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Whisper White
- Ink: Riding Hood Red; Markers: Old Olive, Ruby Red
- Accessories: Big Shot, O Christmas Tree XL Die, CB Snowflakes EF, Mistletoe Ribbon (Holiday Mini), Snips, Dimensional